Thursday, April 29, 2010

Things that (ideally) must happen before a Tournament is held

I have mentioned on many occasions that I'd like to run a ZDoom Wars tournament at some point. I have not before provided an actual time frame, as there are certain things I'd like to have done first.

-Each Retrofitted unit needs its own sprite set.

-I must feel that each faction is balanced enough to be fair in a competitive environment, and that each unit pulls its weight and is used by players. The same goes for the Special abilities.

-I want to have the older maps visually rehauled.

-I want all the maps to have up-to-date gameplay and a similar fun factor, with all known bugs fixed.

So, basically, once these things are well and truly done, I'll be willing to have a tournament. And really, the last two are up to Mik57 and Damage, while the second is up to me. None of us are particularly capable or willing to do the first.

2 comments:

  1. WhoDaMan here.... anyways.

    Most tournament games would most likely end up on Valley anyways because that seems to be the most popular map. right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrong, there will be a variety of maps featured, and different groupings of players may even play on different maps.

    ReplyDelete

Please remain civil, and do keep things constructive. That's all I ask, really. Discussions in comment threads are encouraged, but don't get out of hand. Also, remember to include a name, if you want to.